The Media Industry covers radio and television, journalism, advertising, public relations, marketing, digital media and much more. This course is designed to develop a combination of practical and analytical skills in the creative media industries, familiarising you with the job roles and functions within the industries. You will gain knowledge of current media developments along with some historical understanding of the development of these industries. You will also develop creativity and communication skills through engagement with the creative process and practical projects.
- Introduction to the Media Industry
- Video Production
- Radio Production
- Media Analysis
- Event Organisation
- Digital media
- Events management
- HND Creative Industries (Advertising, Events, Marketing and PR)
- BA (Hons) in Digital Media
One of the following:
- 4 Standard Grades at grade 3 or National 4 or above, including English.
- 4 Intermediate 1 Awards at Grade C or above, including English.
- Successful completion of the Access to Creative Industries course.
- Applicants who do not meet these criteria, but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications, will be considered.
Further Advice for full-time applicants:
- Please create an online account when starting your application. Your login details for the old College website are no longer valid
- Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
- Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately – if you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
- Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
- Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
- If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
- Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
- If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
28 August 2017
15 June 2018