BA (Hons) Digital Media
This multimedia course is designed to support students who wish to pursue a career in the vibrant, fast paced media industry.
Students will develop skills across a range of media specialisms including television, film, radio, print and online . They will explore the tools, applications and industry practice of the digital environment, creating content and sharing it across a range of platforms through FVC's multimedia digital platform Connect Forth. With a strong focus on practical skills the course will also develop an in-depth understanding of ethical and legal considerations of working within the media industry.
The programme combines the technological and media-oriented skills of Forth Valley's HND programme with the advanced academic training and up-to-date digital expertise of the University of Stirling.
Classes for the first two years will be delivered at Forth Valley College’s campus in Stirling.
- Media Analysis
- Desktop Publishing
- Web design
- Promoting and Pitching
- Enterprise Activity
- Critical Analysis of Text
- Creative Writing for Vocational Purposes
- Plus a range of options in 3rd and 4th year at The University of Stirling
• Public Relations
• Market Research
• Community Media
• New Media
- Employment or further study
- Three Highers at grade B or equivalent (to include English)
- Applicants with a different qualification or grade profile are still welcome to apply, as all applications are considered on their own merits.
- Final selection subject to successful interview
Further advice for full-time applicants:
- Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application.
- If you created your account prior to September 2016, you will need to register a new account.
- Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
- Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
- Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
- Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
- If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
- Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
26 August 2019
12 June 2020