BA (Hons) Digital Media
This exciting course is designed to help graduates pursue a career in the vibrant, fast paced media industry.
Students will develop skills in a broad spectrum of areas including television, film, radio, print, online and beyond. They will explore the tools, applications and possibilities of the digital environment, from creating content to sharing it across a wide range of platforms. There is a strong focus on practical skills and the course will also develop an in-depth understanding of ethical and legal considerations.
The programme combines the technological and media-oriented skills of Forth Valley's HND programme with the advanced academic training and up-to-date digital expertise of the University of Stirling.
- Media Analysis
- Desktop Publishing
- Web design
- Promoting and Pitching
- Enterprise Activity
- Critical Analysis of Text
- Creative Writing for Vocational Purposes
- Plus a range of options in 3rd and 4th year at The University of Stirling
• Public Relations
• Market Research
• Community Media
• New Media
- Employment or further study
- Three Highers at grade B or equivalent (to include English)
Further advice for full-time applicants:
- Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application.
- If you created your account prior to September 2016, you will need to register a new account.
- Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
- Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
- Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
- Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
- If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
- Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
27 August 2018
14 June 2019