BA (Hons) Digital Media
This multimedia course is designed to support students who wish to pursue a career in the vibrant, fast paced media industry. Students will develop skills across a range of media specialisms including television, film, radio, print and online. They will explore the tools, applications and industry practice of the digital environment, creating content and sharing it across a range of platforms through FVC's multimedia digital platform Connect Forth. With a strong focus on practical skills the course will also develop an in-depth understanding of ethical and legal considerations of working within the media industry.
The programme combines the technical and theoretical media skills and industry insights of Forth Valley College with the advanced academic training and up-to-date digital expertise of the University of Stirling.
During the first two years, there will be regular transition sessions at the University of Stirling.
Applicants should apply through UCAS at www.ucas.com (UCAS code: W2N9)
- Introduction to Storytelling: scripwriting, radio, video and narrative & media theory
- Journalism for Digital Media: copy writing for media, magazine journalism, desktop publishing & research for media, law & the media
- Creative Economy: understanding the creative industries & economy, medi features and trends, pesentation skills and web design
- Independent Project 1: a self devised, designed and delivered project showcasing skills developed throughout the year.
- Plus a range of options in 3rd and 4th year at The University of Stirling
• Community Media
• New Media
- Employment or further study
One of the following:
- Three Highers at grade B or equivalent (to include English)
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media plus two further Highers at B or equivalent, one of which must include English
- Applicants with a different qualification or grade profile are still welcome to apply, as all applications are considered on their own merits
- Final selection subject to successful interview
Further advice for full-time applicants:
- Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application.
- If you created your account prior to September 2016, you will need to register a new account.
- Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
- Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
- Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
- Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
- If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
- Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email email@example.com
24 August 2020
11 June 2021