- Creative Industries: Understanding a Creative Brief
- Creative Industries: Working with a Creative Brief
- Creative Industries: Presenting a Creative Product
NC Creative Industries: Graphic Design
This exciting new course will allow you develop a range of skills within the field of Graphic Design.
You will explore a variety of techniques including printmaking, illustration, typography, photography, animation, 3D printing, drawing and designing using digital software.
You will develop and enhance these skills through a series of dynamic, live projects which allow you to engage directly with clients and submit your work to international competitions.
You will also have the opportunity to meet and listen to talks from a range of industry professionals who design and create everything from children’s books to drinks packaging.
Throughout this course you will build an individual and professional portfolio which will be used for direct progression to our HND Graphic Design.
- This course is a pathway to further study.
- Successful completion of this course will secure an offer of a place on HND Visual Communication at Forth Valley College
- Candidates will have opportunities to develop vocational and employability skills relevant for posts such as an assistant graphic designer.
One of the following:
• Four National 4 awards (or equivalent) including English
• Successful completion of a relevant Access to Creative Industries course (SCQF Level 5)
• Successful completion of the NC Creative Industries (SCQF Level 5)
• Applicants who do not meet these criteria, but have relevant experience or alternative qualifications, will be considered
Further advice for full-time applicants:
• Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application
• If you created your account prior to September 2016, you will need to register a new account
• Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
• Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
• Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
• If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
• Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
• Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
• If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
• If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
• Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
• If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
22 August 2022