NPA Cyber Security
This course will enable participants to develop knowledge and skills in data security, digital forensics and ethical hacking. The internet and digital technologies are transforming our society by driving economic growth, connecting people and providing new ways to communicate and co-operate with one another. However, the rise of the internet has led to the rise of cybercrime, such as identity theft, fraud, and blackmail within our communities.
This course will raise awareness of cyber security, encourage you to improve your cyber hygiene and enable you to identify security weakness safely, legally and ethically. It will also help you to contribute more safely to virtual communities. Ethics and the law are fundamental aspects of this course. The aim of the course is to produce knowledgeable and skilled individuals who are aware of the potential misuses of, and unauthorised access to, computer systems but who use these competences for legal and ethical purposes.
To book contact Kim Cowan on 01324 403123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Security
- Digital Forensics
- Ethical Hacking
On completion of this course students;may progress onto; a number of further qualifications in this, or a related area, for example, NC Digital Media Computing. There are also opportunities to progress to Higher National or degree courses. If you possess other qualifications and have previous work experience in Computing, this course may also lead to employment in a computer security role.
Applicants should possess passes in Maths and English at a minimum of National 4 level or equivalent.
Further advice for evening applicants
• Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged
• Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full
• Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions
• If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer wish their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances
• Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information
05 September 2017
26 June 2018