CompEx Responsible Person Ex14 (E-Learning)
Please note that this course will be delivered virtually using Microsoft Teams. This secure web based environment will enable you to fully participate in all class based activities and interact with the tutor and other candidates.
To participate in this course you will require a web camera or built in front facing camera on your laptop or PC as well as good internet connectivity. We would also recommend candidates have a comfortable and ergonomic seating arrangement in a room with minimal background noise.
Please click here to read important information regarding CompEx extensions for certification.
The CompEx EX14 aims to assist Responsible Persons to meet their legal obligations with regard to maintaining an asset register and implementing a practical approach to the inspection and maintenance of equipment in explosive atmospheres utilising IEC 60079 Parts 14 & 17 and offering the basis of best practice in this regard.
From 1 April 2019, Compex have introduced the CompEx ID card as mandatory, the cost of this is £25 and is included in our price of £1600pp.
If the dates below do not meet your requirements additional dates/spaces may be available. Please call 01324 403173 or e-mail: email@example.com to enquire.
Appropriate Legal Requirements:
• Legislation overview
• ATEX 137/DSEAR Overview – key elements designed to illustrate Best Practice
• DSEAR Reg. 7 (or national equivalent to be developed by local centre)
• DSEAR ACOP / ATEX 137 Guidance (or national equivalent to be developed by local centre)
• RG101 “Accreditation for the Inspection of Electrical Equipment and Installations in Potentially Explosive
• Safe working procedures for Explosive Atmospheres-ref 60079-14
• Requirements of 60079-14/17 “knowledge, skills & competences”
• Working knowledge of IEC 60079 parts 10-1, 10-2, 14, 17
• EC&I Delivery Guide HSE
• Inspection and remedial action strategy (Quantum analysis/prioritisation)
• Overview of IEC 60079-19 – Repair and IECEx Service Facilities
• Competency criteria and assessment
14 June 2021
17 June 2021
Cost per person