NQ Child, Health & Social Care (Health Care Route)
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will initially be delivered via a blended learning approach, which may include face-to-face learning in the classroom, remote learning off-campus and digital learning. When delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place.
This course develops knowledge and skills relevant for a career or further study in health care. It is ideal for people returning to education after a break or for people who wish to further their qualifications.
- Values and Principles
- Mental Health
- Information and Communication Technology
- Care assistant
- Health care support worker
- Pathway to Social Care (SCQF level 6)
- Pathway to Health Care (SCQF level 6)
All current learners must achieve a pass in all programme units and achieve minimum of 90% attendance to progress to the next level of study.
- Successful interview
Plus one of the following:
- Three National 4 awards including English (or equivalent)
- Successful completion of all units within the Passport to Learning (SCQF Level 4) including core skills at Level 4
- Applicants who do not meet these criteria, but have relevant paid workplace experience or alternative qualifications will be considered
Further advice for full-time applicants:
- Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application.
- If you created your account prior to September 2016, you will need to register a new account.
- Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
- Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
- Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
- Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
- If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
- Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
- If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email email@example.com
23 August 2021
10 June 2022