HNC Care & Administrative Practice (NHS)
Please Note: This course is only available to staff employed by NHS Forth Valley in an appropriate clinical role. Please ensure that you have your line managers support before you submit an application. For any further information on this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
This course develops a range of skills and qualities essential for a career in healthcare. Students will attend both College and a work placement in a care setting. Students will be prepared for progression to university or directly to employment within the health sector.
- Safe Working Practices for Care
- Essential Skills for Care Practice
- Therapeutic Relationships
- Sociology for Care
- Individual Pathways for Health and Social Care
- Physiology for Care Professionals
- Health Care Support Worker
On successful completion of this course students may progress onto a related degree programme.
Forth Valley College has formal articulation links in place for entry into year 1 or 2 of the following degree programmes:
BA (Hons) Childhood Studies - University of the West of Scotland
Diploma of Higher Education in Healthcare Practice - Open University
BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing - Open University
BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing - Open University
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult/Mental Health/Learning Disabilities) - GCU
BSc Nursing (Adult/Mental Health) - Stirling University
Please note articulation links are subject to change and do not guarantee a place on any university course. Students should check with individual universities for more detail. Each institution will have specific entry requirements.
- Successful interview
- Clear Occupational Health Check
- Clear Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check required. Further information on the PVG Scheme will be issued to successful applicants prior to enrolment.
Plus one of the following:
- Two Highers at grade C or above including English or Communication 4/Literature 1 and National 5 award (or equivalent) in Maths
- Successful completion of a relevant access course, such as SWAP Access to Nursing (SCQF Level 6)
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Social Services and Health Care with at least one Higher at grade C or above (English or equivalent)
- Successful completion of all units/ exams within the Pathway to Health Care (SCQF Level 6)
- Successful completion of all units/ exams within the Pathway to Social Care (SCQF Level 6)
- Successful completion of the SVQ Health and Social Care Level 3 (SCQF Level 6)
- Applicants who do not meet these criteria, but have relevant paid workplace experience, or alternative qualifications may be considered
24 August 2020
11 June 2021