HNC Care & Administrative Practice
Please note that due to COVID-19, this course will initially be delivered via a blended learning approach, which may include face-to-face learning in the classroom, remote learning off-campus and digital learning. When delivery is taking place on-campus, there will be reduced student numbers and physical distancing measures in place.
This course develops a range of skills and qualities essential for a career in healthcare. Students will attend both College and a work placement in a care setting. Students will be prepared for progression to university or directly to employment within the health sector.
- Safe Working Practices for Care
- Essential Skills for Care Practice
- Therapeutic Relationships
- Sociology for Care
- Individual Pathways for Health and Social Care
- Physiology for Care Professionals
- Health Care Support Worker
On successful completion of this course students may progress onto a related degree programme.
Forth Valley College has formal articulation links in place for entry into year 1 or 2 of the following degree programmes:
BSc Nursing (Adult/Mental Health) - Stirling University
BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult/Mental Health/Learning Disabilities) - GCU
Diploma of Higher Education in Healthcare Practice - Open University
BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing - Open University
BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing - Open University
Please note articulation links are subject to change and do not guarantee a place on any university course. Students should check with individual universities for more detail. Each institution will have specific entry requirements.
- Successful interview
- Clear Occupational Health Check
- Clear Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check required. Further information on the PVG Scheme will be issued to successful applicants prior to enrolment.
Plus one of the following:
- Two Highers at grade C or above including English or Communication 4/Literature 1 and National 5 award (or equivalent) in Maths
- Successful completion of a relevant access course, such as SWAP Access to Nursing (SCQF Level 6)
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Social Services and Health Care with at least one Higher at grade C or above (English or equivalent)
- Successful completion of all units/ exams within the Pathway to Health Care (SCQF Level 6)
- Successful completion of all units/ exams within the Pathway to Social Care (SCQF Level 6)
- Successful completion of the SVQ Health and Social Care Level 3 (SCQF Level 6)
- Applicants who do not meet these criteria, but have relevant paid workplace experience, or alternative qualifications may be considered
Further advice for full-time applicants:
- Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application.
- If you created your account prior to September 2016, you will need to register a new account.
- Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
- Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
- Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
- Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
- If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
- Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
30 August 2021
10 June 2022
30 August 2021
10 June 2022