Community Work in Practice - Evening
A new nine-week evening class at our Alloa campus on Wednesdays from October 24 to December 19. Two hours per evening. Focus on Community Work in Practice. This may be for people currently working in community work or social work, or those with an interest in working or studying in this field in the near future.
Course content includes:
- My community
- Case studies
- Scenarios and role play
- Local resources
- National resources
- Child protection
- Assertive communication
- Isolated individuals
- Listening in crisis
- Self awareness
- Health and wellbeing
January start full-time course New Start - Care & Communities. August start HNC or NC Working with Communities full-time courses. Care, Health & Sport courses.
Current work or study in this field or an expressed interest in or desire to work or study in this field in the near future.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.