Preparation for Employment - Customer Service
Are you interested in working in the Customer Service Industry?
This course can give you an opportunity to develop the relevant skills and gain an invaluable work placement experience.
The Preparation for Employment programme in Customer Service is recruiting now, based in our Falkirk and Stirling Campus.
This full-time 14-week programme is made up of a combination of learning at Forth Valley College and placement opportunities with local employers ranging from Hospitality, Clerical, Retail and Charity Organisations.
The work placement aspect of this course will give both yourself and the employer an insight into your expectations and the employers expectations, this also help establish a relationship with an employer, which may lead to future employment, training, full and part time courses.
A list of key competencies and skills that you can gain from a work placement in customer service and college course are:
- Customer service and communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Working under pressure
- Working in a busy team
- Time management
- Use of IT
- Health & Safety and Responsibility
- Cultural awareness
- Develop your physically fitness
- Having knowledge of placement
The course will allow you to gain the relevant skills and experience within a diverse range of business from Hospitality, Admin, Retail and Charity Organisations.
Preparation for employment courses has already provided excellent benefit to individuals who have progressed to Modern apprenticeships, college courses, training and employment.
The only requirements are that applicants must have officially left school; there is no upper age limit to applying. You must be committed to ensuring a good attendance, adopt a positive attitude, willingness to learn and a genuine interest in training and employment.
Further advice for full-time applicants:
- Please ensure you have an online account before starting your application.
- If you created your account prior to September 2016, you will need to register a new account.
- Before starting the application process, please ensure you already hold or are working towards the relevant entry qualifications required for the course you are applying for
- Ensure you use your own personal email address when creating your online account
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email immediately
- If you do not receive an acknowledgement e-mail immediately, please check your SPAM/Junk folder
- Please include as much detail as possible in your personal statement such as; the reason you are applying, future career plans, previous employment, relevant experience, hobbies and interests
- Disclosing support needs in your application will not affect your chances of being offered a place on a course at Forth Valley College
- If your application is successful, you will be invited for interview. For January start courses interviews will be in Nov/Dec and interviews for August start courses will take place between February and May
- If your application is unsuccessful, you will be offered support in finding a suitable alternative course
- Applicants who provide a mobile phone number on their application form will be sent a text reminder prior to the day of interview
If you are unable to attend an interview or wish to withdraw your application - please email email@example.com
22 October 2019
06 February 2020