Candidates develop a critical awareness of the nature of politics and the relationship between political theories, systems and parties.
Candidates build up a framework of political knowledge and understanding through interpreting, evaluating and commenting on political issues. They develop higher-order thinking skills through research and critical-thinking activities carried out individually and in groups. This develops attributes that are important for life and work.
Purpose and aims
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- significant political concepts and ideologies
- political systems through comparative study
- political parties and elections
- the ability to analyse and evaluate political ideas, events, issues, systems, parties and electoral performance
- a range of research, data-handling and evaluating skills