Illustration - Evening
This course is for anyone who has a desire - or seeks the time, space and opportunity - to illustrate their own story, poem or graphic book. Participants will be given guidance by an experienced lecturer and encouraged to complete one small book by the end of the course. The class will also concentrate on materials such as gouache, watercolour, pencil and mixed media. Students should bring their own materials and importantly, an original story or piece of text that they want to illustrate to the first class.
Please note this is not a digital illustration course, however participants will have to use simple scanning equipment.
This course will be delivered on Tuesday evenings.
- How to choose the correct passage, line or phrase to illustrate
- Collating imagery
- Mediums, such as collage and paint
- Best suited to illustration
- Setting text
- Advice on bookbinding and self publishing
- Art and design
This course allows participants to enhance their knowledge and skills in the subject area which may assist in gaining entry to formal qualifications.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.