Creative Clay - An Introduction to Ceramics - Evening
This course is designed for those that are interested in working with clay using a variety of methods and processes and who have little or no previous experience.
The Alloa campus course will be delivered on Wednesday evenings.
The Falkirk campus will be delivered on Thursday evenings.
The Stirling campus course will be delivered on Tuesday evenings.
Course content includes:
- Constructing forms using hand building techniques from pinch pots to slab building.
- Students will produce several pieces of experimental work which can be taken home once fired.
- Fired work will be ready for collection after the course has ended.
This course allows participants to enhance their knowledge and skills in the subject area which may assist in gaining entry to formal qualifications.
No formal entry requirements needed. The class will be adapted to suit the applicant's level whether they are new to clay or whether they would like to build on the skills they already have.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.