City & Guilds Certificate in Floristry Level 2 - Evening
This course can help you to gain and develop the skills you need to work as a florist. You will develop skills in areas such as plant care, flower arranging and how to create floral decorations in a variety of styles.
All fresh flowers will be provided for this course, but there may be some additional costs.
This course is eligible for ITA funding. If you wish to use ITA funding towards the cost of this course, you must first apply for the ITA funding through the My World of Work website. Once you’ve applied for funding, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to book your course.
Course content includes:
- An introduction to art and design for florists
- Identify, check and monitor the quality of incoming cut materials
- Plan, prepare and construct tied floristry designs
- Introduction to working in the floristry industry
Students can secure employment in a florists or set up as a self-employed florist for events.
No formal qualifications are required, although previous completion of our leisure floristry course or the City & Guilds Level 1 course in Floristry would be advantageous.
Further advice for evening applicants:
- Course places are only secured after payment/funding has been arranged.
- Fees of less than £150 must be paid in full.
- Payment by instalment is available, provided the course fee is greater than £150. Instalments must be paid via direct debit over a 4-month period and a 30% deposit is required in order to secure your place. You will not be able to apply online if paying by direct debit, please contact Evening Admissions.
- If a student fails to notify the College that they no longer require their course place, or withdraws from their course within 2 weeks - a £25 administration fee will be charged. As per the College Tuition Fees and Refund Policy, tuition fees are non-refundable except under exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will only be given if the course is cancelled or significantly altered by the College.
Refer to our Tuition Fees Policy for further information.