Thousands of Modern Apprentices have successfully MAde it through their training years here at Forth Valley College… none more so than Callum Bonner.
Clackmannanshire Council Painter and Decorator Callum (21) from Tullibody – who has just completed his four year Modern Apprenticeship at FVC’s Falkirk Campus – has racked up a glowing list of achievements.
- Winning the Vocational Category (Scottish Region) British Education Awards 2019
- Winning the APSE Scotland Building and Housing Apprentice Awards – 4th Year Trade MA of the Year Award 2019
- Winning the Scottish Association of Painting Craft Teachers (SAPCT) Advanced Craft Category 2018
- Winning a Special Clackmannanshire Council award 2018
- Graduating with an Advanced Certificate in Painting and Decorating 2018
- Winning the Outstanding Achievement Award at the FVC graduation 2018 at Stirling Castle
- Making Team UK for the Euroskills held in Budapest September 2018
Now he is also in with a chance of making the UK’s WorldSkills team for Kazan (Russia) 2019 which will be announced on Monday 11 March.
Callum said: “It is a great feeling going through the four years of a MA and now having a trade behind me for my whole life, is a great feeling. I am mega proud of my achievements. I have won every award ceremony I have been to and it has been a great couple of years.
“The facilities and lecturing staff at Forth Valley College are great and led me onto do things that I didn’t know were possible, such as representing my country In the Euroskills competition in Budapest, Hungry and leading me onto win awards ranging from regional to national level. My journey has been phenomenal and I am also still in training and going to team selection to see if I can get picked to go and represent the UK as the only painter to go to Kazan in Russia for the world competition. Team selection is in Ireland, so I have had a fair bit of travelling through all these experiences.
“Forth Valley College has led me to get a tradesman job within the council and the best bit for me was being on that big stage in Budapest representing the UK. I would recommend the MA programme at FVC because it can push you to reach your maximum potential and if you are wanting to put the graft in, you will reap the benefits. My Forth Valley College Modern Apprenticeship has been an absolutely brilliant experience!”